Saturday, November 19, 2011

Working in Corporate Office, office politics and not clicking with anyone?

I have a few problems with my work at the moment. I work in a corporate office in the city centre and have worked here for the past 6 months. I am not really clicking with anyone in my department (immediate crew of 7) but also find it hard to initiate conversations with other staff around the building. (260 staff) I work with one lady who talks harshly about people to me but then I get fearful she is doing the same about me. I've approached her about this and she has just palmed off my queries and left it at that. I also feel she talks to the boss about things she might over hear I'm doing in my personal life or when I talk on my mobile because he knows things I don't tell him. I'm wondering if there's any websites or books on office politics because I really like my job but I'm pretty naive when it comes to all this manipulation and backstabbing. I'm 24 years old and am just getting my career started so I refuse to leave this company. It's my dream job that I've fought hard for.....

Working in Corporate Office, office politics and not clicking with anyone?
You are probably right about the woman talking about you behind your back. Stay off of your mobile phone during business hours, so she won't be able to pick up any information. This type of behavior is pretty standard in most offices, as everyone is trying to out maneuver the rest to get ahead.
Reply:This is more common than you think.


Look for the book called "Dinosaur Brains"





How to Shine at Work - Linda R. Dominguez





BODY LANGUAGE IN THE WORKPLACE - Julius Fast





Face It Recognizing and Conquering The Hidden Fear That Drives All Conflict At Work - AMACOM





You Want Me to Work with Who Eleven Keys to a Stress-Free, Satisfying, and Successful Work Life No Matter Who You Work With - Julie Jansen





Most were available in Torrents but I recommend BUYING THEM.





These have been instrumental in helping me through some nasty crud at my workplace.


Very Catty where I work and I needed and edge.


Trust me, these books will open a whole new world for you and you will shine at work. Everyone will want to work with you cause you are so cool to work with.


It's all about communication.


No comments:

Post a Comment