Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tammy Faye is dying...?

Tammy Faye, the notorious televangelist with all of the makeup, is dying. I had the pleasure of meeting her once when she lived in Palm Springs, California, and she was a very nice lady. She complimented me on my charm and looks, so I know she was a very intelligent and observant woman ;)


Seriously, she was very polite, very gracious, very warm and friendly. Before I came to the United States(I'm Australian) I didn't know much about her except for the old scandals and being an atheist I didn't care. After I met her, however, I softened my views on her and am sorry to hear that her end is drawing near. I'm wondering if anyone has any good memories of Tammy, or if they feel sympathy for her. I've not noticed the American press being too kind towards her---it appears she had long ago been relegated to the tabloids. Did she touch anyone's lives out there? Was anyone moved by what she saw as her mission in life? I feel she was a better woman than most people think she was.

Tammy Faye is dying...?
I saw a tabloid headline the other day. It was claiming that Falwell's last, dying, words were "I am sorry, Tammy Faye."





I was almost home before the full meaning of how ridiculous that was sunk in.





I have no love for what the Bakkers were or what they did while they were grabbing televangelist gold. The greed and corruption were one thing, but the spreading of intolerance and prejudice were something else.





In her later years I think she actually managed to make up for it. Especially with all of the good she did for the gays.


Serving prison time seems to have had a good effect on her ex husband as well.


Too bad we don't send more of the televangelists to jail.
Reply:She wears too much makeup. I hope God has her pot of Gold waiting. BB


No comments:

Post a Comment